You will succeed 😎
Hello dear newcomer. We're here to onboard you, to make you succeed at your job. So here is our plan to do that.
Our typical onboarding period runs over 6 months and is split in 3 phases.
This period is focus on you. On your learning, on grasping new concepts, on allowing you to follow the processes and the dev workflow.
- Setup local machine
- Seraphin infra - security - deployment processes
- Ways of working - culture - dev workflow
- The company - history - industry - business plan - achievements
- New concepts:
testing=> seraphinWeb deep-dive
- Features - purchase process - Ardor - products
- Third party services and API (Sendinblue, Contentful, Baloise, ...)
For the first two weeks, the buddy system is on a daily basis. The teacher /
on calldev is there to help, to explain, to teach.
After that, a rotating weekly system is put in place with a code-star
on callguy. The idea is to not have to change of buddy every day to be able to know the context of the work in progress and to be influenced by every member of the team equally in terms of coding style, ways of doing, etc.
on callguy is also the first PR reviewer.
The buddy system is there for the first 2 months (learning period)
Specific cards are created for the occasion. Those cards must hold as max info as possible and should hold a specific learning goal.
Structure of a 👼ticket:
- What's to learn? The objective of this ticket is to ...
- What to expect?
- The task itself (description)
- This ticket is a success when ...