Golden rules & learnings
Aiming at excellence 💪🏻
- 🐶 Eat Your Own Dog Food: test your code manually (incl. on mobile format)
- ✅ All Hail The Green: ensure the specs are passing on the CI server
- 🇧🇪 Be a Citizen of the World: put all text in the I18n config
- 📷 Tiny Is Beautiful: compress all images and put picture in .JPG format
- 📝 L'Orthographe m'a Tuer: no spelling mistakes will be tolerated
- ⛩ Consistency is the New Zen: ensure you respect your own naming and formatting conventions and that of the code
- 🔗 You Are Not Alone: watchout for collateral effects in CSS, across products, across helper methods
- ☀️ Sunshine Test: when we're a $1B start-up what you wrote will be read by thousands
- 🐰 DRY: it never hurts to repeat that you should never repeat yourself
- ❤️ Love Your Craft: be proud of what you code
- Watchout for the demons of mental overload! 😈They'll devour you if you have more than 3 cards in WIP 🤯.
- 🔒 Any attempts of improvement made anywhere besides the bottleneck are just an illusion of improvement 🔑🔓.
- We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act but a habit 👨🏭. Continued self discipline in the execution of our craft, delivering an outstanding work, this is how we will one day reach perfection 💪.
- A model must never be responsible for the way it is displayed 👀. Instead, use a decorator 👱♀️that will shape the DB according to the context.